Owner Breach of HAP Contract
The Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) Contract is executed by the owner and the Host Springs Housing Authority. This contract does not allow any Housing Assistance Payments to be made on any unit(s) which does NOT meet the Section 8 Housing Quality Standards (HQS) Inspection.
The LEASE is a contractual agreement between the Owner and the Tenant Family.
Any of the following action by the owner is a breach of the HAP contract between the Housing Authority and the owner:
- A violation of any obligation of the HAP Contract, including but not limited to:
- Not reporting knowledge of a change in the compositions of the family residing in the contract unit
- Not maintaining the contract unit and premises in accordance with the HQS
- Not maintaining the owner supplied utilities
- Not maintaining the owner supplied appliances
- Accepting payment(s) for any unit vacant of a Section 8 family.
- Discriminating against a family because of race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, age, familial status or disability.
- Demanding or accepting any rent payment in excess of the "Tenant Rent".
- Committing fraud, bribery, or any other corrupt or criminal act involving a federal housing program.
- Engage in drug trafficking or manufacture.
- Failing to provide the Housing Authority a copy of any "Notice to Quit" given to a Section 8 Family.
- Failing to identify your Section 8 Family as a member that is: Parent, Child, Grandparent, Grandchild, Sister, Brother, Aunt, or Uncle.
The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is seriously concerned about fraud in the Section 8 Housing Program. Providing wrong information could result in federal investigation with the owner and tenant being accused of a Federal Crime.